7/04/2006

Everyday Blessings

I've blogged about Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting before. It's one of my favorite parenting books and although I don't own a copy (yet), I borrow it from the library often.

In the back of the book, they list 12 exercises for mindful parenting. I wrote about the first two of them in my other post. The third one is:

Practice seeing your children as perfect just the way they are. See if you can stay mindful of their sovereignty from moment to moment, and work at accepting them as they are when it is hardest for you to do so.

I've been trying to remember this when dealing with Shawna. There are areas that I find myself getting frustrated with her about and I sometimes will snap at her when I think she should understand something. :-(
I read a quote by Maya Angelou that I try to keep in mind when it comes to Shawna; "You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better."

I need to keep this reminder here.

Related Tags:
,

0 comments: