1/02/2008

Wordless Wednesday

Here's my entry for Wordless Wednesday.

This tiny, two inch vase is holding flowers my nine year old daughter/soul mate/mini-me picked and gifted me with. The vase itself was a gift from a thrift shop owner, whose store I was shopping in. For a while now, I had been looking for a very small vase to hold flowers that my daughters pick for me and I was happy to find one in a thrift shop last month. It wasn't priced so when I brought my load of treasures to the register, I asked him how much it was. He said he wanted me to have it, as a gift, which I gratefully accepted and thanked him for.

It really is the little things that matter.



**If you're participating in this weeks Wordless Wednesday, feel free to leave the link in a comment so we can visit!**

13 comments:

**"Liza"** said...

awww that was nice of him to give that to you..that is a cute vase by the way..:)
I hope you had a Blast New Year Eve!Post mine too

Anonymous said...

What sweet words about your daughter and what a treat of a find, free is always good! :-)

Anonymous said...

Soo sweet! Great shot too:)
My Wordless Wednesday is up as well! Happy New Year!

HartofDixie said...

How sweet! That's a pretty picture.

Anonymous said...

precious! the vase, the flowers, the sentiment, the photo. what a sweet way to start off the year! thanks for sharing!

My Wordless Wed. is linked.

Anonymous said...

WOW!Thats so sweet image.Have a wonderful 2008 to you and your lovely family!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Very sweet of ur daughter and that nice thrift shop owner :)
Cheers to 2008!
It's not a Weekend;It's a Lifestyle

Shannon said...

I love vases. My favorite is a tiny little sphere of green glass about the size of a pool ball. For some reason my sons never leave much of a stem when they pick flowers so a 2 inch vase is perfect! Yours is great and I really like the flowers. Your daughter has good taste.

Anonymous said...

Love the story and the picture!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anonymous said...

so sweet! thats really a cute picture. thanks for sharing! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! have a rocking year ahead!

Natalie said...

What a sweet little vase! :)

Unknown said...

the little things . . . *dreamy sigh*

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

awww, how very sweet of your daughter. :)

happy new year! :)