6/26/2007

Homemade tattoo paint

We bought a really fun book that my eight year old found during one of our visits to the library book store (my favorite place to buy and donate used books) called The Ultimate Book of Kids Concoctions.



The first thing she wanted to make was tattoo paint (page 23).
Here's how to do it:

1 TBS Cold Cream
2 TBS Cornstarch
1 TBS Water
Food Coloring

Mix cold cream and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Stir in water and mix until smooth.
Divide into 3-4 small bowls.
Mix 3-4 drops of food coloring into each.
Apply with a small brush.
Remove with soap and water




6 comments:

Summer said...

Oh how cool! That looks like so much fun, I'm going to have to write that down.

Joanne said...

Yes, it was fun! I'm going to post a few more recipes from the book next week. I think they have part two out now and I'm going to see if my library has it. :-)

L. J. Lowe said...

Great! Thanks for sharing that recipe!

Joanne said...

Your welcome! Let me know if you try it!

Ren Allen said...

Somehow it's even more cool next to a real 'too!:) I love it.

Michelle said...

That looks like something we would do around here- although we try not to play up the fact that we are tattoed. -Michelle
I can be found here Smart not Cheap and here
One of a Kind Wisconsin.