11/23/2007

Thanksgiving Update

I made it.

The first major holiday without my mom.

*sigh*

I think this was just the warm up for Christmas. lol

So the eight of us went out to eat (see post below) and that was nice. The food was good and the owners were Italian and from, where else? Brooklyn!! I tell ya...we're taking over Florida!! LOL I meet more New Yorkers here In Florida than when I lived in New York. lol

So after that, we all went back to my house for a friendly (10/20 cents bet) game of poker and more eating while my kids watched one of their favorite movies National Treasure. They're so psyched for Book Of Secrets to come out next month!

I also want to post some pictures of a couple of projects that Billy & I finally completed using things that belonged to my mother but my daughters and I are on our way to the gym to work off yesterdays meal so I'll do it later. :-) Have a great day!

2 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

I hear you. I lost my mom four years ago, and I still miss her terribly. And I lost my stepmom a week ago. Holidays can be excruciatingly difficult. I am wishing you peace.

Joanne said...

Christmas and New Year were hard this year, as I'm sure they were for you. (((Hugs)))