10/06/2007

Update on Unschooling Voices

I just send out an e-mail to all participants of Unschooling Voices and figured I should post it here also. I'll just copy the e-mail here.

Hello everyone!!

I wanted to take a few minutes to update all of you on the status of Unschooling Voices. As most of you know, my family suffered a tremendous loss in July when my mother passed away (it's so hard to even type that). Tomorrow will be three months and we're slowly getting back into our routine while taking care of her estate and working through our grief. I've just started blogging again and I want to thank those of you who have posted condolences and thoughts to me on my blog. They mean so much. My mother & I were very, very close and every day I feel the loss of not having her in my life. She was a big part of my children life and my daughters miss not having their Mom-Mom around to sew and garden with them. My husband was extremely close to my mother and he chose to be with her, when I couldn't do it, in the last hours of her life when I had to make the decision to remove her from her respirator. He held her hand and played Janis Joplin & Led Zeppelin (the music she loved) for her on a CD player as she crossed over.

I'm looking forward to getting Unschooling Voices back up and running. In keeping with the timeline of past editions of the first of the month, as of right now, I'm hoping for November 1. I was going to try for Oct. 1 but wasn't able to make the deadline. We're up to issue #10 and the question for that issue is located here:

Unschooling Voices Main Page

All the details and information regarding Unschooling Voices can be found on that page, including links to issues 1-9. If you have a blog or website, please share that link so others will find out about it.

So keep sending in those submissions. At last count, I think I received 32 so far and they will ALL be included in the next edition.

Thanks again...I'm looking forward to reading and organizing this next edition. If you have any questions that i didn't cover, feel free to reply. It may take me a bit to get back to you, but I will.

Hugs, Joanne



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Joanne,
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was looking for the topic for #10 and I can't find it. I have always wanted to contribute but never got around to it so I hope it's something I can blog about.

Joanne said...

Hi Stephanie...if you click on the link in the post I wrote, that will take you to the main Unschooling Voices page. Scroll down the list until you come to #10. Also, the questions are always optional and you can submit any blog post that's about unschooling. :-)