2/07/2006

Day Forty Two (I got tagged)

Ren Allen, whose blog Learning in Freedom is a great inspiration for unschoolers, tagged me. :-) Before I get started with the questions, I want to post a link to a companion piece to a presentation she gave with Sandra Dodd on Mindful Parenting. It's a great read.

On with the "Four Things Meme"
(To those I tagged, just copy and paste the questions into your blog and answer them.)

4 jobs you have had in your life
1. Owner of The New York Dance & Fitness Center Inc in NYC. We were open for 7 years and had classes in all forms of fitness, exercise and dance. Being a business owner is very demanding but I enjoyed every minute of it.
2. Manager of a health club chain facility. This job lasted about 5 years. I started out as an instructor, got promoted to assistant manager then to manager.
3. Dance teacher & fitness instructor at several local NYC dance studios. Off and on for about 5 years.
4. Department manager at a very trendy clothing store in Greewnich Village in NYC.

4 movies you could watch over and over
1. The Crow with Brandon Lee
2. Goodfellas
3. The Godfather trilogy
4. Wild Things

4 places you have been on vacation
1. Florida (before we moved here)
2. A dude ranch upstate New York
3. Atlantic City (cha ching!!) many, many times
4. Cove Haven Resorts in the Poconos

4 websites you visit daily
1. yahoo to check my mail
2. Forever Parents, my adoption site and the forum that goes with it.
3. Rock On...a community of hard rock freaks!
4. Unschooling Basics, which Ren is the co-owner of. :-)

4 of your favorite foods
1. Spagetti with white clams sauce and extra baby clams.
2. Salad with lettuce, chick peas, olives, mushrooms, brocolli and cheese with Italian dressing.
3. Anything chocolate
4. Not really a food but I can't start my day with out a cup of tea.

4 places you would rather be right now
This is hard because there is no place I'd rather be than right here but there are places I'd like to visit.
1. Italy. I'd love to trace my roots and see where my grandparents lived.
2. England
3. Canada
4. Las Vegas

4 Cars you have owned
1. GMC Safari
2. Ford Aerostar
3. Grand Am #1
4. Grand Am #2

4 bloggers you are tagging
1. NYCityMom
2. Ron & Andrea at A Typical Life
3. Henry & Janine at Why Homeschool
4. Daniel at Key Words

Thanks Ren! :-)


The 6th Carnival of Homeschooling has been posted. (A "carnival" is a collection of blog posts on a particular topic). You'll find our post in the "scenic area".

2 comments:

Ren Allen said...

Tag, you're it!! I've tagged you for the "4things meme". You can get the format from my blog if you feel like playing.:)
See you at the lists....

Joanne said...

Thanks Ren, I just answered and passed it on! :-)